Here is a summary of the final resultsof the 2019 International
Club Team Muzzleloading Monthly Postal Matches sponsored by the
UPMLA. The matches began in January and ran through the
month of June 2019.
The scores shown in the table are the sum of the five highest
scoring targets submitted by each club for each month. The score
of each monthly "winning" team is shown in bold print.
The number of participating shooters on each team is shown in
parentheses below the scores.
The ten clubs participating in 2019 (in alphabetical order)
- Baraga Blackpowder Bunch shooting at Ottawa Sportsmen's
Club, U.P. of Michigan
- Crumlin Sportsmen's Association of London, Ontario, Canada
- McKinley Mountainmen Muzzle Loading Rifle Club of Anchorage,
- Menominee Ridge Runners from Wisconsin, shooting in
- North Bend Muzzle Loading group from North Bend, Washington
- Oakhurst Muzzleloading Group from Oakhurst, California
- Rio Salado Sportsmen's Club from Mesa, Arizona
- Santa Cruze Muzzleloaders shooting at Scotts Valley
Sportsmen's Club, California
- Voyageurs Muzzle Loading Rifle Club from Sudbury, Ontario,
- XY Company from Ringle, Wisconsin
At a monthly shoot of each club, every one of the shooters
present fires six shots at identical paper targets, one target
per individual shooter. The targets are placed 25 yards from the
firing line. Every shooter of each club who participates
is considered to be "on the team" for their club for that month.
Each club's postal match coordinator sends all the club's monthly
targets to the UPMLA scoring person. After scoring each target,
the five highest scoring shots on each shooter's target are
counted toward the target score of 50 points maximum.
From the set of targets submitted by each club, the top-scoring
five targets are selected and the scores summed to make up a
club's monthly score. Thus, there are 250 possible points each
month per club. Only the best five targets are selected because
of differing numbers of shooters in each club, and differing
numbers from month to month.
After all the targets are scored, the UPMLA scoring person mails
score results to all the clubs in the competition. The results
list the names and scores of all individuals from all clubs who
shot during the month, and the total team scores based on each
team's best five targets for the month.
For more information about the International Team Postal Match,
go to the web page for UPMLA 2019
(The target image above shows that the top of the woodchuck's
head has gone missing. You may use your imagination as to the
cause of this phenomenon. However, be assurred that no actual
woodchucks were harmed in the process.)