Events →Archives →2015 →Individual Postal Match
UPMLA-Sponsored Postal Match for Individual Shooters
The UPMLA sponsors a monthly postal muzzzleloading match for
individual shooters. The match helps participants practice and
refine their techniques and equipment, supporting the
Association's goal of promoting skill and proficiency
with muzzleloading firearms.
(Note: This postal match is separate from and not a part of
the muzzleloading club team postal matches that are shot at
regular monthly winter and spring shooting events).
How the match works:
The targets are likely to show some imagination and artistry
and may require some thought about where to place shots to obtain
a maximum score.
- Contact the individuals listed below to enter the match and
pay the modest entry fee.
- The match runs for 12 months beginning in July 2015.
However, an individual may enter at any time with payment of
the entry fee.
- Membership in the UPMLA is not required to participate
in the match.
- Every month, each participant will receive two targets in
- Targets should be shot and mailed back, postmarked on or
before the deadline stated with the instructions that accompany
- The rules of the match are to be followed on the
- Firearms should be traditional sidehammer or underhammer
rifles or smoothbores, either flintlocks or caplocks.
- Open sights only.
- Patched roundball only.
- Each month there will be one target to be shot at a distance
of 25 yards, and another target at 50 yards.
- Returned targets must show evidence of shots required.
- Course of fire will be furnished with each monthly set
of targets. At least five shots will be required at
- The score report for each month will be sent along with
the next month's targets.
Here is an example of a recent target:
actual size: 11x8.5 inches
More information? Questions? Contact: